It snowed yesterday.
That sounds profound. And it is a profound statement.
It's Michigan, it was December first, it snowed. Ahhmazing.
Yeah, but snow made itself my enemy yesterday. I was supposed to go see my sister yesterday.
Wimp, you can't drive through a little snow?
I can, but my pretty little car probably wouldn't have gotten me through the snow on the unplowed - as yet at that point - road in Grand Rapids, especially with the front bumper hanging partly off (compliments of me not being careful enough backing up...ha) . So, I don't like snow.
Ooh...Grand Rapids.
Yeah, they get a lot of snow. And it snowed yesterday. Nasty snow.
That would have a profound affect on you going to see your sister.
Yeah. But today. nothing's going to stop me. I'm going to see my sister, and that's that. Well, Lord-willing.
It's about time to get some sister to sister, heart to heart, just her and me time. It's been since...July. Or June.
So, here I go. If I were rich, I would be taking her a present or taking her out to lunch or taking her shopping after she's done with work. But yeah, I can't do that, so I'll just be giving her a ride home from work, because her car broke down, in my pretty little car with the bumper partly off. She'll love it.
I will too, because we're sisters. It doesn't matter whether we're in a car that's dented and falling apart at the front a little (hey, it's warm, runs really well, and it's pretty enough to pull off the 'falling apart at the front a little' look). The point is we'll be spending time together.
But I had a little grudge against snow. I thought snow and I were going to have some issues this winter. That would be hard for me because I used to love snow. Until yesterday. But I'm thinking it's a good thing it snowed yesterday, because since I am going today, I can give my sister that ride home from work. If I had gone yesterday, I couldn't have, and she'd be stuck at work.
Ok, maybe I can tolerate snow. Maybe snow yesterday was a good thing. Maybe I still love it.
No comments:
Post a Comment